It’s the weekend and I was in a soupy mood so I tweaked a recipe my sister had for this simple, yet deliciously satisfying bowl of healthy vibes.
- 1 whole head of broccoli (florets separated)
- 2 carrots (peeled * chopped)
- 2 handfuls of a mix of spinach and arugula
- 4 garlic cloves (peeled & smashed) *garlic confit would be even better
- 1/2 yellow onion (sliced)
- 2 tsp. roasted chicken boullion
- 4 slices thick cut bacon (chopped & cooked till crispy)
- 4 cups of water
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Sherry Vinegar
- Crumbled goat cheese
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground back pepper
The How To…
In a medium stock pot add water, broccoli, carrots, spinach/arugula mix, garlic, onions, bouillon and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and let simmer for 10 minutes, or until contents are just cooked through.
Pour everything from the pot into a blender and blend until the soup has achieved a smooth consistency.
Move to a serving bowl, stir in olive oil, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Once ready to serve, ladle into a bowl and top with goat cheese cheese, bacon, and a dash of sherry vinegar.